Honduras Trip

I traveled to Honduras on March 25 for 2 weeks. I volunteered in the Light and Life Maternity Clinic in Santa Barbara, San Luis. The Clinic is a mission outreach of Evangelistic Faith Missions, a non-denominational mission work based in Bedford, Indiana.

You can find more information about Honduras by clicking here.


Monday, March 17, 2008

St Patrick's Day at the Fry's

When Sarah heard about the trip, she wanted her girls to be involved as well. Kayla and Karissa used money from their chore jar to purchase the items for "their" babies. They were very proud to help out a Honduran baby and wanted to see them. I will be bringing back pictures of their babies for them to see.

I drove up to visit them and we had a good time. We made leprechaun traps (we didn't catch any, but they did leave us some candy) and had some play time at McDonald's PlacePlace. Latina came with me so that she could play with the girls. We all had a good time.


The girls wanted help with wrapping their layettes and tying them with a ribbon. They were very excited to share something with a baby in another country.



Just before bedtime, the girls put the finishing touches on their Layettes and wrote their cards. Latina also wrote out a card for her Layette.

Kayla wrote this card herself. As a kindergartner, she is learning to spell phonetically. Her card says, " Kayla. I love your baby soo mush. I with that I kcood see it. Kayla Fry. Love." She showed her love with lots of hearts. I am not sure what the red-faced person is--- maybe the sun? I hope it's not supposed to be the baby!

No comments: