Honduras Trip

I traveled to Honduras on March 25 for 2 weeks. I volunteered in the Light and Life Maternity Clinic in Santa Barbara, San Luis. The Clinic is a mission outreach of Evangelistic Faith Missions, a non-denominational mission work based in Bedford, Indiana.

You can find more information about Honduras by clicking here.


Friday, March 21, 2008


I started laying out things to pack today and realized that I had enough for one full suitcase. I filled it up, with the gift packages on top. I will need to re-organize the items, since the gifts may attract unwanted attention when I go through customs. I have had problems in the past with Honduran customs officials wanting to "share" in the gifts that I bring. Pray with me that I will have an easy time through customs.

Through the generosity of several in the church (Aaron, Artie, Elaine & Harold, and Steve & Melissa), I will be taking an extra suitcase with me. So I will have 3 full (50#) suitcases, as well as a carry-on & a tote/purse. I usually take my laptop and my camera in the carry-on, as well as an "emergency pack" of toothpaste, toothbrush, deoderant, extra contacts & solution, etc. that I may need if I get held over an extra night. I will have quite a time getting everything up to the airline counter. It may look like I am moving there to stay!

Coming back, I will pack one of the smaller suitcases inside a larger one so that I only have 2 (much lighter!) suitcases to get through customs.

No comments: