Honduras Trip

I traveled to Honduras on March 25 for 2 weeks. I volunteered in the Light and Life Maternity Clinic in Santa Barbara, San Luis. The Clinic is a mission outreach of Evangelistic Faith Missions, a non-denominational mission work based in Bedford, Indiana.

You can find more information about Honduras by clicking here.


Monday, March 31, 2008

Another work day at the clinic, the fifth day in a row for me. Usually we don’t work much more than 3 or 4 days in a row, but with the death in the family of Miriam, the schedule is a little off right now. Miriam had the schedule completed for April, but now it needs to be re-worked to give her and me some days off. I was supposed to work Monday through Friday this week, but since I picked up Sunday for Miriam, it would make 9 days in a row for me unless there is a change.
Dani, the little boy with vomiting and diarrhea, was still in the clinic this morning. He had a rough evening after I left with quite a bit if diarrhea, but no fever or vomiting. He had no diarrhea or fever during the night but did vomit once. Dr. Maldonado came in and ordered Lomotil and to continue the IV.
An elderly lady was admitted for low blood pressure and vomiting. She was placed on IV antibiotics and nausea medication. She felt much better after just 1-2 hours and was discharged around 1:00 pm.
Kendrick coame over with Tiffany around lunch time and visited with me for a little bit. We had a few minutes together on the porch of the clinic
Other than that, the clinic has been quiet. There have been only 3 babies born here in the last 6 days. There are some newborns in the families at the local church. I will be visiting them to give out Baby Layettes. Also, Miriam’s sister-in-law Iris has a 3 month old girl to whom I hope to give a Baby Layette.
The mother that was not able to deliver here on Thursday came back with her bay to receive a Layette. She had a little boy, about 7 lbs. He received a layette from Becca and the mother’s bill was covered by the Sis. Rita.

3 comments:

Laura said...

You commented on my blog and I don't know how to contact you back, lol! I knew a little about recoloring elements and stuff from playing with my program and browsing around the web. Myscrapshop.com has forums with really helpful people and a brand new aspiring designers section to help you learn! : )

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the suggestion on my blog on how you use the "no marching ants."

Although your day was not as busy, I can see you have a very rewarding job.

Tigger said...

Thanks for your nice message on my blog. You have such a wonderful job! You bring brand new babies into the world! Thank you!!